It has been more than a decade ever since laser technology was introduced in dentistry, and it remains just as popular now as it was then. Simply put, laser dentistry uses a laser to address several dental conditions suffered by people of all ages. This approach is more comfortable, effective, and quick. Laser dentistry has also become an affordable option available at many clinics.
How Does Laser Technology Work?
Under laser dentistry, our dentist projects a beam of laser light to a particular tissue to either reshape or eliminate it from your mouth. Different kinds of laser treatments and procedures are performed at our clinic. Laser dentistry can be used to perform both simple and complex procedures.
What are the Different Laser Dentistry Procedures?
Gum Disease Treatment
Laser technology is used to address various gum diseases. The treatment is effective, quick, and less invasive. As the laser kills bacteria, it doesn’t lead to an infection either. Our dentist uses this technique to treat all your periodontal diseases without compromising your comfort.
We also use laser dentistry for tissue removal associated with oral cancer. The procedure involves removing small pieces of tissues that are to be processed for biopsy.
Teeth whitening using lasers is quick and hassle-free. Our dentist performs laser teeth whitening to remove dark and yellow stains from your teeth and retain their shine and whiteness. The results are dramatic as your teeth become up to eight shades whiter in a single sitting only. During laser teeth whitening, our dentist uses a beam of light to activate the whitening solution put on your teeth.
What to Expect During Your Laser Treatment
You can book an appointment with our dentist. After examining the condition of your mouth and identifying the issue that you may be suffering from, we will recommend suitable laser treatment.
1. The procedure involving the use of a laser is quite simple, as easy as a tooth filling.
2. You don’t have to feel anxious as there is no drilling involved.
3. The use of laser technology doesn’t produce any pain or discomfort, which is why you can also bring your little one for the treatment.
4. A laser dental procedure causes minimal bleeding as the light mostly makes the blood clot, thus saving you from the anxiety of losing blood.
5. After your procedure, you may be given instructions to follow. Some of these include brushing softly, not eating hard foods, flossing after eating, etc.
Reach out to ourdentist in Salt Lake City UT, to have a consultation with our dentist in Salt Lake City UT, Dr. Bishop. Call us at (801) 274-2500 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.